CEDA is a highly respected and independent not for profit member-based organisation seeking a Business Development Advisor for the Queensland team.
Business Membership Advisor
State Director, Queensland
Part-time - three days per week
$65,000 - $75,000 pro-rata (inclusive of superannuation)
14 February 2017
This role will contribute to CEDA’s overall national membership strategy and strength, drive membership recruitment and new member engagement in Queensland, and strategically analyse and operationalise market opportunity. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a strategic membership territory plan following CEDA’s acquisition methodologies;
- Represent CEDA at senior level, sourcing, meeting with and hosting prospects;
- Proactively recruit new members across all membership categories with a strong large corporate focus;
- Induct new members to ensure deep and lasting engagement with CEDA and CEDA products;
- Secure membership that reflects mix of active contributors to the Queensland and Australian economy;
- Provide evidence based advice on membership trends.
This position is offered as a permanent appointment three days per week, operating from CEDA’s Brisbane office. Occasional interstate travel is required.
Professional and personal attributes (including qualifications and experience)
To meet these responsibilities, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience;
- Minimum three to five years’ senior business development and/or consultative sales experience and a proven ability to apply business development sales methodologies;
- Ability to source, analyse and apply market and trend information;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise, self-drive and multi-task effectively;
- Strong computer skills across office and database systems;
- Interest in public policy, the economy and issues pertinent to Australia’s social and economic development.
How to apply
Please submit by email a maximum three-page resume and a one-page statement in response to criteria to Michelle Cunningham.
Applications close Monday 6 March 2017.
CEDA - the Committee for Economic Development of Australia - is a national, independent, member-based organisation providing thought leadership and policy perspectives on the economic and social issues affecting Australia.
We achieve this through a rigorous and evidence-based research agenda, and forums and events that deliver lively debate and critical perspectives.
CEDA's membership includes 700 of Australia's leading businesses and organisations, and leaders from a wide cross-section of industries and academia. It allows us to reach major decision makers across the private and public sectors.
CEDA is an independent not-for-profit organisation, founded in 1960 by leading Australian economist Sir Douglas Copland. Our funding comes from membership fees, events, research grants and sponsorship.