CEDA blog terms and conditions
CEDA’s founder Sir Douglas Copland set up the organisation in 1960 with a purpose to harness the ideas and influence of leading thinkers from business, government, community and academia. Its purpose remains unchanged. Today CEDA continues to deliver leading thinking, informed discourse and rigorous research to influence good public policy for Australia’s economic and social development.
CEDA encourages you to post comments, in doing so you will be contributing to an independent, informed policy debate platform. Please make sure you are considerate and respect others and their opinions.
CEDA reserves the right to moderate, edit, delete, reject or remove any comment from the CEDA blog. As a general guide, comments must relate to the topic of the article otherwise they will not be approved for publishing during moderation.
If you think a comment that has been posted is offensive or breached the terms and conditions, please email us at email@example.com with a link to the comment and your reasons for objecting to it. CEDA will then consider if there are grounds for removing the comment or take appropriate action.
When posting comments to the CEDA blog, you agree to be bound to the following terms and conditions.
You will not post any comments in the CEDA blog which are:
- Defamatory or offensive to any person;
- Obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise illegal;
- Not your original work or which violate copyright, a registered trademark or intellectual property rights of another person or entity;
- Racially or religiously vilifying, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability; and
- False, misleading or deceptive; and
- Accept all material on this site is copyright to CEDA. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide licence to reproduce and deal with any material you submit to us by all means whatsoever.
You will not use the comments section of the CEDA blog for:
- Advertising, promotion or selling of any goods and services or engage in trade and commerce by any means; and
- Providing financial advice.
- CEDA can edit, delete, reject or remove any comment posted or to be posted in the comments areas.
- CEDA has the right and discretion to terminate your access to the comments section if we believe you have breached these terms and conditions or are abusing or misusing the platform in any way.
- CEDA has the right to reproduce and deal with any material you submit to the CEDA blog.
CEDA is committed to protecting your privacy while you use our website, products and services. We will keep private and secure any personal information the site gathers about you. We collect personal information for internal use only, and under no circumstance will we disclose your personal information (including your email address) to third parties.
Collection of data
In the course of its business, CEDA collects information from members, potential members, attendees at events, and subscribers to our website and email lists.
Sharing of personal data/email addresses
Information is collected for internal use only and will not be disclosed to third parties.
Receiving emails from CEDA
If you receive an email from CEDA it is because you are a CEDA member, attend our events, or subscribe to our mailing list.
How to stop receiving further emails
If you wish to unsubscribe, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be permanently removed from all future mailings.
Access and correction
CEDA takes reasonable steps to ensure data is accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact email@example.com if your information needs updating.
CEDA maintains secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security, with rigorous controls to backup data and prevent unauthorised access.
CEDA has a designated Complaints Officer. If you have any complaints relating to privacy issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles and comments section of the CEDA blog are those of the author and should not be attributed to CEDA. CEDA’s objective in publishing comments is to encourage constructive debate and discussion on matters of national economic importance.
Persons who rely upon the published material do so at their own risk.
CEDA is not responsible for any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage suffered or caused by reason of your reliance on material posted in the comments section.
CEDA is not responsible for any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage suffered or caused as a result of material you post in the comments areas, or as a result of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Notwithstanding any indemnity provided by you under these terms and conditions, CEDA retains the right to assume the conduct of any defence claim brought against us, and of any proceeding or appeal issued by them, and you agree to provide all reasonable cooperation that CEDA may require from you in relation to such a claim, proceeding or appeal.
This policy was created in January 2015. Any future changes to the terms and conditions will be posted here.