Developing emerging leaders from business, academia, community and government sectors.
CEDA recognises the leadership and insight of its founder Sir Douglas Copland and responds to the contemporary demands on leaders operating in rapidly changing business environments by delivering the Copland Leadership Program. This program provides a challenging development environment for emerging leaders from business, academia, community and government sectors.
The program is offered by CEDA in conjunction with leading education and management institutions across the country.
The Copland Leadership Program is available in:
What are the benefits of the program?
The Copland Leadership Program combines critical theory and expert experience, and is a proven way to develop the knowledge and thinking of emerging leaders. CEDA has been delivering the Copland Leadership Program since 2003. Graduates now are leading in businesses and organisations across Australia and internationally.
The Copland Leadership Program:
- Covers the critical leadership challenges of today;
- Provokes, encourages and supports thought leadership;
- Enables cross sector and cross profession interaction;
- Meets the real learning demands of busy emerging leaders; and
- Is tailored locally, and directly informed by the focus, interests and needs of candidates.
Who participates in the program?
Each year, business leaders and organisations nominate candidates to participate in the Copland Leadership Program. They nominate people of talent and potential who are progressing in their careers and contributing strongly to the organisation.
By nominating candidates you are:
- Acting to retain your high value staff;
- Fast-tracking development and building capacity;
- Demonstrating your commitment to thought leadership and ongoing learning;
- Complementing internal and formal academic learning options for busy high performers; and
- Extending the strategic networks of your talented people and your organisation.
For more information about the CEDA Copland Leadership Program or to nominate candidates, contact us.
What do past attendees say?
"The program introduced me to the views of people who have walked the talk - much more useful to me than a purely theoretical leadership course."
"During Copland, I moved into a more senior role – it was reassuring to know I had professional development underway, to be in the program while new challenges and changes were coming at me."
"There is a freedom in being outside your organisation, it's a good size group and the candidates are all there to talk and to learn – from each other as much as from the presenters."
"Every session there were things I would walk away with and use straight away – there are also quite a few things that I am still thinking about and will use in the future."
"Being identified as an emerging leader, as a person of potential, and doing this program has made me better able to lead but also better able to identify others with potential."