In August 2009, CEDA held a forum to launch the latest CEDA Research and Policy report A Taxing Debate: Climate policy beyond Copenhagen.
Speeches were delivered and issues discussed by the worlds leading thinkers and experts in climate policy. The event program and transcript are available by following the links below.
Listen to audio from the launch event by clicking on the titles below.
- David Byers, CEO, CEDA
Beyond Copenhagen: The Emerging Critical Issues. [1377KB MP3]
- Dr Michael Porter, Director of Research and Policy, CEDA
A Taxing Debate: Climate policy beyond Copenhagen. [2220KB MP3]
- Geoff Carmody, Director, Geoff Carmody & Associates
Rethinking Emissions Policy - The case for a consumption based approach. [3347KB MP3]
- Brad Page, Chief Executive, Energy Supply Association of Australia
The Case for Cap and Trade. [2862KB MP3]
- Discussion Q and A session 1
Brad Page and Geoff Carmody discuss the pros and cons of carbon tax vs trading. [1902KB MP3]
- Miles Prosser, Executive Director, Australian Aluminium Council
Commentary. [2069KB MP3]
- Dr Les Coleman, Senior Lecturer, Finance Department, University of Melbourne
Commentary. [1426KB MP3]
- Professor Gary Sampson, John Gough Professor in the Practice of International Trade, Melbourne Business School
The role of the WTO. [2998KB MP3]
- Discussion Q and A session 2
Panel members answer questions from conference attendees. [5321KB MP3]